About Canungra Bowls Club
Canungra Bowls Club was established in 1953 and has been in the same location since that time.
The Club plays a pivotal role in the local area, as the only bowls club in the area and also as a member of the Canungra community. Club members regularly assist with local fundraising efforts and have been involved in the Canungra Show and Rodeo, Turning Canungra Pink for Cancer and Young Driver Education Night.
Since 1953, the Club has relied on members and their friends to volunteer their time and effort in to developing the bowling green and facilities to a standard that has continued to improve and evolve over the years. The facilities have been improved in recent years due to the assistance of grants from Office of Liquor and Gaming and the Scenic Rim Regional Council. On-going maintenance of these dated facilities and future improvements remain a priority for the Club.
The Club is ideally located in the town being in a central location on the main street, opposite the local primary school and within walking distance to the local shops, cafes and supermarket. It remains a friendly, welcoming Club in the heart of Canungra.